'The outsiders from within' - Researcher-managers’ collaboration in facilitating real time research uptake for system strengthening
Recent literature has underscored the value of embedded Health Policy and Systems Research (HPSR) as an intervention for health systems strengthening.
This presentation, originally given by Benjamin Tsofa, provides an overview of:
- the Kenyan context following adoption of a new constitution in August 2010
- the learning site research approach
- the embedded process of long-term multi-level learning and action
- initial research findings and resulting policy action
- the challenges of embedded approaches