How to write a research uptake strategy
The following resource was originally developed for a research uptake workshop held at the Kemri Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Kenya from 12–14 September 2017. The workshop covered the stages of developing a research uptake strategy, steps to writing a policy brief, an introduction to data visualisation and tips for using social media for research uptake.
A second workshop held in Bangkok with colleagues from the International Health Policy Program, led to the development of additional resources about developing a digital communications strategy, writing for the web and using photos.
These tools will support you to:
- Understand the importance of strategic planning for research uptake
- Become familiarised with key aspects of a research uptake strategy
- Develop research uptake objectives for your research group, project, hub or an event
- Identify key stakeholders using stakeholder analysis techniques
- Review communications channels, outputs and activities
- Explore indicators and tools for monitoring and evaluation
- Key questions to consider in a research uptake strategy